Investor interest in ESG has been intensifying over the past decade.
Planning for 2023 proxy disclosure requires both careful review of final and proposed SEC disclosure regulations, as well as intensifying investor interest in company sustainability. Whether it is the new Pay versus Performance disclosure rules, or the expected new Climate-related disclosure requirements, the Board’s role in oversight of an expanding array of risks and opportunities comes more closely into the crosshairs for all stakeholders.
Our Board oversight of ESG whitepaper provides relevant examples of effective structures, processes and their disclosures, including;
- Board oversight of ESG including updating charters and governance documents
- How Climate and ESG risks factor into long term business strategy and risk management
- Companies' disclosure of their approach to ESG oversight
- Board committees and their functions in monitoring ESG risk and opportunities
- Focus on individual director and collective board skills and experience to provide effective oversight of company-specific ESG considerations