Investor interest in ESG has been intensifying over the past decade.
The pandemic, and its impact, has convinced investors that this focus is correct. They are increasing pressure on companies to report on their material ESG and Human Capital risks, and the board oversight of these programs.
This white paper looks at the forces propelling ESG to the front and center in boardrooms across America, including:
- How is ESG oversight conducted, whether at the full board, committee or management level, including updating of the relevant charters and governance documents
- Are ESG risks and opportunities being factored into long term business strategy
- Demonstrating that directors have the requisite experience and competencies to effectively provide such oversight
- Incorporation of ESG metrics into executive compensation programs
- Integrating ESG throughout the organization and its operations